Sat, Oct 07|
HartPrize Photo Contest
Give us your best shot! The H-art Project is now accepting photo submissions of the Hart area (any subject). The top selected photos will be printed on weather-proof material and displayed outdoors in Pocket Park, Downtown Hart beginning October 7, 2023 for ArtWalk.
Time & Location
Oct 07, 12:00 AM – Oct 28, 12:00 PM
Pocket Park, State St, Hart Township, MI 49420, USA
About the event
Give us your best shot! The H-art Project is now accepting photo submissions of the Hart area (any subject). The top selected photos will be printed on weather-proof material and displayed outdoors in Pocket Park, Downtown Hart for ArtWalk on October 7, 2023. The exhibit will remain in place until the end of October.
The public is invited to vote for their favorite photo from October 7 - October 28, 2023. Voting instructions will be available beginning October 7, 2023, during Artwalk.
The winning photographer will be announced on October 31st and awarded the $250 HartPrize.
The purpose of Hartprize is to promote local artists, encourage community involvement, and beautify Hart with public art installments that bring new life, authentic stories, and the arts to our growing community.
In addition to a $250 cash prize for top artists, a plaque will be placed next to the art the artist participating will be promoted on our social media channels, e-newsletter, and press releases. Limited Edition prints may be sold with proceeds going to The Hart Project.
HOW IT WORKS
EMAIL PHOTO SUBMISSIONS TO email@example.com by 5:00 pm on September 20, 2023. A selection committee will choose the top 20 photos submitted and print images on weather-proof material to be displayed on an outdoor exhibit throughout the month of October. The public will be invited to vote for their favorite mural until October 28th. The top-voted photographer will be announced on Oct 31, awarded a $250 cash HartPrize, and have their photo featured on the takemetohart.org website and other marketing materials.
Photo submissions due: September 20
Top 20 finalists announced: September 25
Photo exhibit opens: October 7
ArtWalk: October 7 (11a-2p)
Public voting: October 7 – October 28
Winner announced: October 31
- Photographs should be of the Hart Area, any subject is acceptable.
- All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Entries will be judged by the Hart Project Committee. The Hart Project committee reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by the City of Hart for advertising purposes.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- The prize must be collected by the winner and is nontransferable.
- The winner will be contacted via the email provided during entry. If no response is received, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.